Looking to sell your home? Get a free home value report
Looking to buy a home? Search all Raleigh homes
When you decide to sell your home and use a real estate agent to do so, you have a lot of different options on who to work with. There are big teams, small teams, solo agents, groups, and many more different types of organizations. But does it matter what type of team you work with?
Here are five different ways to judge real estate companies:
1. The company you work with is the foundation of your Internet exposure. Does the company have an international website? Do they advertise their website on television? Ebiz.com tracks the top real estate websites, and you can check out the top 15 pretty easily on their website.
2. Name recognition is important too. This will come from longevity, as well as a good track record of service. The more reputable the brand you have, the better off you will be when selling.
3. Judge the company’s office by the number of homes sold and the number of listings that they have. This is important because it tells you how much business they do, and how capable they are of selling your home.
4. The company brand will give you connections within the industry. The more connections you have, the more likely you are to find the right buyer for your home. Keller Williams has a national network of agents, so they’re capable of helping you buy and sell almost anywhere in the US.
5. Birds of a feather flock together. High producing agents attract other high producing agents. If you can find one at a company, you can probably find a few more.
If you’re having trouble deciding which type of company to use, please don’t hesitate to contact me. There are many benefits to each type, but ultimately the goals of your real estate transaction will be the most important in deciding which is right for you.
I look forward to hearing from you!